Monday, June 22, 2009

Total Annihilation

Resistance & Abs: Legs & Back, Ab Burner

Today was the first day in my 60 day journey. I have completed P90X, so I should be in awesome shape. Unfortunately, I have taken a three week "vacation" because I was sick and needed to get ramped up with some more motivation before moving forward. I got up pretty early today - actually 5 am, with the intention of starting and completing my routines before the sun even rose. That didn't work so well really because I quickly discovered that I was not as motivated at 5 in the morning as I had been at 10 in the evening yesterday. Well, after a long battle of exercise avoidance I got on the ball and got to work.

Legs & Back is not my favorite exercise in the P90X family. By far actually. I despise it. I don't know why. It is just a challenge and a half for me. Pull-ups are usually fine, its the squats and lunges for an hour that drive me nuts. I don't have a powerful lower body, so that explains it I suppose. I should be encouraged by a challenge, but this is over the top. And it was especially hard because I have taken a break.

I have amped up the routines even more by adding additional weight. Not just in my dumbbells, but to myself. I know this sounds like I have put on some extra pounds, but that isn't the case. I weigh 187 lbs as of yesterday. I don't know what my weight goals are in the next 60 days, but I know my strength goals are phenomenal and extreme. So, the extra weight I am adding is in my backpack. I have several large books in my backpack and I can strap it to my back for body weight exercises such as lunges, squats and pull ups today. I am not sure how it will work out for dips or push ups, but we will definitely find out soon. Pull ups were definitely more difficult (I did 8 each time instead of 17), but I feel like I can increase my strength by adding weight. If you think about it, if the back pack is 20 lbs, then adding that brings me to the weight I stated P90X at! Interesting in my opinion. I'm not sure what it means, but its interesting.

I also did my shortest ab routine, Ab Burner. It was only 10 minutes long but it was sure interesting and challenging. The Idea of rotating through a bunch of different ab routines simply muscle confusion for my abs. We'll see how it works. I have high hopes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, pretty good! I think that you should make those pancakes for Shalynne anyway, even if you got up at 5 am.
me

Brae Craig said...

Can I comment