Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 1 - I Brought It and P90x Took It!

Workout: Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
Diet: Successful

Wow, can you say 'Tough'? I thought I knew what I was getting myself into, but this workout surprised me. It kicked my butt! I pushed myself hard and I am happy with the way I feel.

I woke up at 5:30 in order to have the time for both workouts. The Chest & Back routine consists of two sections or rounds. 12 workouts working the chest and back are preformed, then for round two, the exercises are repeated. Its important to push yourself beyond what you feel you are capable of. Well, I pushed myself.... hard. By round two, I began to throw up. I continued to make my way through the exercise routine and finally made it through, but I had worked out to the point of vomiting several times, which I haven't done for a long time. I don't mean to be gross, only to express how hard I pushed myself, and how intense this workout is.

I did not complete the Ab Ripper X until after work at about 8:30 pm. I did not feel up to it after the first workout. Ab Ripper X is hard, and you have to Bring It in order to make it through, but it is manageable and it left me feeling tired and wonderful afterwards.

My nutrition plan worked well today. I had a great fruit smoothie this morning, as well as yogurt, peaches and a banana. I ate periodically through the day, snacking on carrots and olives. I had tuna sandwiches for lunch with yogurt, mandarin oranges and a banana, and I ate a grilled chicken sub from Subway for dinner.

Overall I feel good about the day. On one hand I want to throw in another workout and do the Core Synergistic routine. I think I could have finished it, but on the other hand, I want to get enough rest to be able to push myself hard again tomorrow. And let's face it, I can and will push myself.

No comments: