Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 20 - X Me

Workout: Kenpo X
Diet: Successful

Kenpo was pretty interesting today. I seemed to get worn out very quickly and then in the last half my second wind came and I breezed through it. I pushed myself hard the whole time and to make the workout more challenging, I did a lot of balancing. There are several moves that you kick in several directions with the same foot. In the video they place their foot down in between for balance. Tony mentions that it is an option to just stay up and balance throughout the series of moves. That's what I did and it seemed to help intensify the moves.

My favorite part of the exercise is near the end when the exercise calls for vertical punches. You get in horse stance and punch forward switching hands each time. The count is to 100 punches and they slowly increase speed. When you hit 100 punches Tony tells you to keep going faster and faster til he says stop. I love it because I get to try to punch faster and harder each time and I feel pretty good when the 'bonus' 15 seconds are up.

I ate pretty well today and did grocery shopping for next week. I had some moderate snacks throughout the day: healthy stuff like fruit and olives. For dinner I had a turkey sandwich and a SOBE LEAN. In the evening my brother and sister came over for a movie and we had some popcorn. All in all a good day and a good week. I am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow and my recovery week this coming week.

No comments: