Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 19 - Knowledge is Power, Power is Change

Workout: Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Diet: Successful

Wow, I am ready for recovery week. Its crazy how fast it has come. The change in routine will be nice. I will get to try a few more exercises and I get a break from some of the hardest ones. In fact, I don't have to do Chest & Back til week 9. That's not to say the workouts replacing them won't stretch me and push me to my limits, but it will be a nice change.

In my Legs & Back Workout today, I pushed harder than ever. I did more pull ups than I have before in this workout. I added weights to most of the squats and lunges, even when he says adding weights is extreme. He says adding weights is psycho and he wants me to be a psycho, so it works for me.

I ended up doing Ab Ripper X in the evening because it is hard to do two workouts in the morning before work. I am getting better at this workout and even though while I am in it it hurts and is hard, I find myself recovering from it much faster. I hope that I can find new ways to push myself in this area.

For food, I had the same struggles as I have all week. I did take my wife out to lunch at Chic-fil-a and that was good, even though not the best for me. We ended up eating garlic chicken with pasta for dinner. Very good and tasty. I am still going strong on my no soda goal. Overall, not a bad day at all. On more day of Phase 1 and I'm on to Recovery Week, which still will be challenging, but it will offer something a little different. I can't wait to get some progress photos on here to see what progress I've made visually.

No comments: