Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 13 - Karate Kid Returns!

Workout: Kenpo X
Diet: Successful

Well, I had to go back into work today, which is not very common for my company but since we are moving, it was kind of necessary. Luckily I was able to leave at 1pm and got to spend a lot more time with my wife than I expected. It was an excellent day, but I am really sore and tired from the past week of intense exercise and work.

Kenpo X seems to be getting easier. It was the first P90X workout that I ever tried. I put it in a month or so ago to check it out and it kicked my butt big time. I felt like I would pass out and I had to go for a cool down walk outside in the cold. This week it was kind of a breeze. I am thinking of holding weights or something to intensify it a little more. My heart rate the first time I did it got up into the 170's but today it was in the 140's when I checked it. I like the workout and it moves a lot faster than Yoga X, so that is a plus. I have decided that Kenpo X has been added to the program as a type of muscle speed training. If you get bulked up and strong with everything, but don't train your muscles to move quickly, then you will not be as versatile an athlete as one would like. It makes you a well rounded athlete.

Diet was good today. Keeping fueled and trying to make it good stuff. I did eat Chick-fil-a for lunch but that doesn't happen often. Enchiladas for dinner, which were fantastic. All in all, very productive and successful day and week. I am so excited to take tomorrow completely off. No work, and no workout!

No comments: