Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day 0 - Ready to Bring It!

Well, here we are. I have arrived at day 0. Tomorrow I will officially start P90X! I am way excited and ready to 'Bring It'! I feel like it has been a long time coming but there are some good advantages to taking my time to get started. For example, I have been able to get into an exercise routine which ensures that I am ready for the P90X program, and that I can devote the time necessary to workout every day. I have also been able to set some goals and get a realistic idea of the program. I know what to expect in most of the workouts, and I know that I will be able to push myself and not be injured or wear myself out. I have also had the past few days to indulge in a few of the foods I am striving not to consume over the next 90 days (like Pepsi). In fact, my last soda will be Mountain Dew Code Red and my wife is making no bake cookies now, so that we can eat them before Day 1 begins.

One of my biggest fears in this program is motivation. If I don't see results, I fear I may give up or become lazy. I also fear that I may struggle in the Nutrition Department. I am not following the nutrition guide exactly, but merely trying to make wise food choices. Although this is not ideal, I feel it makes more sense with my current situation. I will borrow concepts from the guide and avoid certain foods, which will help. I just hope that it will not hinder my progress.

I have also included in my goals a desire to improve my mind and relationships with others. I think this is necessary because with so much emphasis on the physical side of things, one runs the risk of ignoring other areas of ones life. I will soon set some realistic goals to improve my mind and to work on my spirituality. Also, since I chose not to participate in workouts on Sundays, I will be doing my X Stretch routines on Saturday. I know its not that intense, but I feel this will help me stay devoted to my spirituality on that day.

So, here I am, on the brink of a world of change. 'Knowledge is Power. Power is Change'. I am so excited and wish I could start today, but tomorrow morning will come soon enough. Bring It!

No comments: