Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 32 - Yoga & Cardio - In the Same Day?

Workout: Yoga X, Cardio X
Diet: Successful

Today was a bit of a different day. I got up early, but not early enough to finish the entire 90 minute Yoga X routine. I decided to split the workout at the halfway point and I did the second half after work. It went pretty well although I don't want to split the workout again if I don't have to. After I finished the second half of Yoga X I decided to do Cardio X as an additional workout for the day. I have never done that workout before so it was a new experience.

The routine is a mix of lots of moves from other workouts like Plyometrics, Kenpo X, Yoga X, and Core Synergistics. It goes by pretty fast and got me sweating a lot. It felt pretty good but it wasn't as intense as many other workouts I have done. Maybe I'm getting better and stronger or maybe it isn't supposed to be so intense because it is supplemental exercise for the program.

I ate pretty well today, and had plenty of water. I think it is getting easier not to drink soda. Today a co-worker bought sodas for everyone and offered me one. I wanted to drink one, but I resisted and I am still going strong. I hope that the desire to drink soda will be gone at the end of my 90 days, that way it will just be easier to keep healthy.

Tomorrow is Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X, which isn't new to me, but should be good since it has been two weeks since I did it. I feel like this week has been a wake up call for my body. I am not as strong as I want to be, but P90X seems to be pushing my body over the edge.

No comments: