Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 8 - I Faced My Fear and Conquered

Workout: Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
Diet: Semi-successful

Today I was slow to get started. I turned off my alarm and went back to bed and didn't even know it. It was as if the alarm was an obstacle in my dream and I beat it. That didn't work out too well for my morning workout, but I did get a little extra rest for my long day at work.

We are moving our warehouse at my workplace, so this week I get to do a lot of heavy lifting. I am not going to back down in my workouts. I will make sure to complete them all with all I have. I will just have to use my work as an alternative form of exercise. This week will be a killer, but I am ready for the challenge.

My Diet today was alright. I started the day with the usual yogurt and banana and added a fiber bar, which was very tasty. I ended up going to KFC for lunch because I needed something quick and easy and that sounded good (I know, again not the best meal choice, but I feel like throughout the day I burned it off). For dinner I had Taco Salad, which was delicious. After my exercise, even though it was later in the evening when I finished, I had a yogurt and a banana to aid my recovery. I feel pretty good about how the day went. I had the option and many cravings to eat a lot more junk but I held strong and did the best I could.

Last week, the Chest & Back routine made me throw u. It was intense and took all I had. This week, I went into it full force. I was slightly nervous, but I still pushed myself as hard as I could. I actually did a lot better on many of the exercises and by the end, I couldn't do a single push up. That's the point I guess - to work to failure. and I brought it. I took a break in the middle because I was becoming nauseous, but after that, I barreled through it. After the first routine, I threw in Ab Ripper X and powered through that. Like Tony says "I hate it, but I love it!" Later in the evening, I laid down on the floor and I couldn't get up. I couldn't do a sit-up and I couldn't roll over and push myself up. It was pretty crazy how tired that workout makes me. Some of the others don't affect me nearly that much. I am pretty happy with how much I put into today's workouts and I hope I get plenty out of them.

No comments: