Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 17 - Get Em' Up

Workout: Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Diet: Successful

Today was an exciting day. I like the Shoulders & Arms workout quite a bit. Like Tony says, "These are the glamour muscles". Its true and whenever I do this workout I feel like my arms are huge. Kind of funny because they haven't changed too much, but that's okay. I know that I am getting stringer. I am now trying to add more resistance and more weight. I have 25 lb. dumbbells, but I also have 5 lb. dumbbells that during certain exercises I can balance on the 25s and get 30 lb weights. I am also switching from resistance bands to weights on some of the exercises. Its pretty cool that after only 17 days, I am progressing so much in the area of strength. And even though I am tired most of the time, when I do need energy, I have it in me. Oh, today I did end up throwing up a little during the workout. Its not fun, but I know I am pushing myself hard.

My favorite part of all these workouts is when I am done, and I can hardly move, or I am sore enough I can barely wash my hair in the shower. That feels like a productive workout to me.

Today I had a harder time eating all the right foods. I didn't necessarily eat the wrong foods, but I couldn't find the time to eat well. It is getting harder at work to take time for a yogurt or a piece of fruit, but I am hoping that will change soon. It is probably just because we have just moved our warehouse and are taking time to adjust to everything and get things put away.

Tomorrow if Yoga X, which I always kind of fear, but really enjoy once I have finished it. I guess you could say I like having that part of the week behind me.

No comments: