Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Onward and Upward

It has been a while since I posted last. A lot has happened and a lot of time has gone by, but it seems as if there has been little progress made in the direction I desired.

I'll start by saying I have been very dedicated to my exercise program and very much so to my diet plan. I have put forth a lot of effort to get into shape and to lose weight. I have started to implement P90X into my routine by participating in 6 workouts a week, plus cardio workouts on a stationary bike, treadmill and elliptical machine. I have been highly dedicated and for the past month since I last posted, have only missed a handful of workouts.

I have also been pretty good about my diet, eating yogurt and fruit, and Tuna sandwiches for breakfast and lunch, and I have made a good effort not to eat after dinner. I have not been drinking soda on weekdays, but have indulged a little on the weekends.

Progress: Well, according to pictures I have taken every week, I look a little more defined, but have not lost my gut. I am now at 203 lbs and holding, which is a surprise to me because I have been working so hard. I feel better, overall, and I feel more confident, however, my progress shows very little. I am tired a lot, because I am moving and working a lot more than 'usual'.

My plan to further my progress is to officially start the P90X program, by following the schedule prescribed in the program and beginning with an initial Fit Test, so that progress can be charted in many different ways. I will also be adding cardio and sports exercise to the P90X routines so that I can become more a more versatile and well rounded athlete. My main goal is fitness, however, I would love to shed some of the fat that plagues my midsection. Day 1 of my P90X Quest is currently scheduled to be next Monday, March 9, 2009, making my 90 day mark June 7, 2009. I am hoping to make a lot of progress. I will make a better effort to post more regularly as I proceed through my quest.

No comments: