Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 36 - Got A New Toy!

Workout: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Ab Ripper X
Diet: Semi-successful

Well, I finally did it, I spent the money and bought some new weights. These aren't just any weights, its the Bowflex Selecttech 552 weight set. They are variable weight dumbbells that make it east to switch from 5 to 52.5 lbs and almost any weight between within a few seconds. They are great and I like them a lot. I got them today so that I could use them in my workout tonight. I will post pictures etc as soon as I can but in the mean time, here is a link that will show you a bit more about them. Bowflex SelectTech 552

My workout today was exhausting! I like it when my workouts make it hard for me to move and make me tired. I forgot about Ab Ripper until I finished my first workout, but I made sure to complete it all. I am getting pretty good at pushing myself to failure. With my new weights, I got to try a whole new dimension to the workout. I got to use weights instead of resistance bands for the workout and that made a world of difference.

My biggest weakness for the day was that I had pizza for dinner. I didn't have too much, but I still ate it. I didn't get to eat much throughout the day, which also affects my diet goals, but I will do better tomorrow.

Plyometrics is tomorrow and I am looking forward to jump jump jumping my way to stronger legs. Ha. I always kind of dread the plyo workout, but it is fun and gets me pretty tired, so for that reason I like it.

No comments: