Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 4 - Get Your Yoga Face On!

Workout: Yoga X
Diet: Semi-Successful

So, today was a little harder for me. When I tried to get up at 5:30am to do the Yoga routine, I couldn't get moving. I slept til 7:15 or so, intentionally to get more rest. I decided it was better to get rest and do the routine after work. I felt pretty good today. Not as sore as I like to be after a week or working out, but I guess that's okay because that means I'm recovering well. I have been Bringing It, so I can't say its for lack of effort.

Today I had a small breakfast of yogurt and fruit and I was starving by lunch, which isn't good for you I guess. I had tuna sandwiches for lunch, along with fruit and some carrots and olives. I love olives! Anyway, I fought the urge all afternoon to go to the gas station and grab a snack (I kept thinking 'It won't make a difference if I slip a little'), but I stuck with it and refused to falter with snacks etc. Because my wife and I got home late from work, we got a pizza for convenience. I know that isn't the best move, but I controlled my portions and ate very slowly to help me feel full. All in all, a good day.

Yoga X is a pretty rocking workout. I really do stink at Yoga and I was quite scared to even start this 90 minute workout. Once I started it felt pretty good. I can't believe how much I sweat! It was a hard workout in some parts and I couldn't do some of the poses as long as they do in the video, but I will keep working on it as I progress through P90X. Tomorrow is Legs and Back with Ab Ripper X, which is a good workout that I am hoping to be able to crush. Bring It!

No comments: