Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 37 - My Calf...

Workout: Plyometrics
Diet: Successful

Today was a pretty good success. I ate well throughout the day. The regular yogurt, fruit, fiber bar, and tuna sandwiches. For dinner, I made steak and potatoes, corn and pineapple. I have done pretty good at portion control and I feel good about everything.

Plyometrics is an intense workout that exhausts me and makes me sweat like no other. I kind of dread it every week, but I love it at the same time. Today was a great workout, but there was a small problem: I hurt my calf. It happened in the middle of my workout so I had to back off a little on some of the exercises. It was okay but I didn't get to push the intensity as much as I would like. I am happy that I was able to finish the exercise, because anything more serious could have easily stopped the workout all together.

I feel like my biggest gains and progress are in strength and stamina more so than in physical appearance, even though many people have told me there are changes in the way I look. I am still tired often because of the workouts, but I am slowly getting better and stronger.

Tomorrow is Back & Biceps again and I am excited! I have my new weights so I will get an incredible workout. I'll make sure to Bring the Intensity.

No comments: